Did you know that you can zoom in on your Mac laptop just as easily as you can on the iPhone? All you need is your fingers, your mouse and to activate the zoom function on your computer. Check it out!
You Will Need
Step 1: Open System Preferences
Go to System Preferences and click the Keyboard and Mouse pane.
Step 2: Select mouse tab
Select the mouse tab, or trackpad on a laptop.
Step 3: Click zoom
Make sure the box next to "Zoom using scroll ball while holding," or ''Zoom while holding'' is checked, and Control is selected in the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Close preferences
Close System Preferences.
Step 5: Zoom in
Hold down the control key and scroll the mouse wheel up, or drag up on the trackpad with two fingers on a laptop. The screen zooms.
The Universal Access pane in System Preferences also offers zoom options.
Step 6: Zoom out
Zoom out by holding down the control key and scrolling the mouse wheel down, or dragging down on the trackpad with two fingers.
Fun fact: Douglas Engelbart invented the mouse and developed the idea of a graphical user interface.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades