Want to know how t o find that file you've been searching for on your Mac? Apple computers are renowned for being simple to use, as this exercise in searching for a lost file demonstrates.
You Will Need:
• An Apple computer
• A Mac OS X operating system
Step 1: Click the magnifying glass
Click on the magnifying glass icon found along the top strip in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Step 2: Open the Spotlight window
Open the Spotlight window and type the file name or some part of it there.
Step 3: Read the drop down menu
Read the drop down menu that appears. Categories such as "Definition," "Documents," "Folders," and "Messages" on the left list their contents on the right.
Step 4: Pass cursor over "Top Hit"
Pass your cursor over "Top Hit" or any files on the list. When the yellow dialogue box appears, it displays the path back to the file you need.
Step 5: Click on file
Click on the file you're searching for, which opens up on the desktop, or scan the folders, which reveal their paths. Click and a finder box locating the folder and file will open on the desktop.
Step 6: Use the hard drive
Highlight the hard drive icon for your files or your assigned category under "Places," if you're unable to find them any other way. Open folders and files here one by one.
Trivia: Apple Computer took its name from Apple Corps, the Beatles' company.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades