MacIsTheGeek explains how to quickly and easily run Windows software natively on the Mac, without installing an emulator, or using BootCamp. The software that enables this, called Darwine, is available as a free download from Softpedia. Darwine comes with Notepad, Minesweeper, Explorer, and various other Windows programs for use as demos for Darwine. However, once Darwine is installed, using any other Windows application is as simple as installing the executable file on your Mac hard drive, just as you would on a Windows computer. Note that Darwine does require that X11 be installed on your computer in order to run. X11 comes with all Mac OSX installations, but if you find that it isn't installed on your computer, it can be downloaded for free from Apple. Now you can run Windows applications on your Mac without running Windows!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades