Unzipping compressed files is a basic skill that every computer user should know. Compressing allows you to reduce the size of large files for easier information transfer. This video tutorial demonstrates the basic steps of unzipping a file without the use of Windows WinZip.
Manual instructions on unzipping the file:
1. Right click on the compressed file.
2. Choose either open or explore (only one or the other should appear, but explore is preferable).
3. A new window will appear with all of the files inside.
4. Click on Edit.
5. Click on Select All. All the files will illuminate (blue usually).
6. Click on Edit again.
7. Click on Copy.
8. Open a new folder of your choice.
9. Click on Edit in the new folder.
10. Click on Paste.
11. Now all of the compressed files will be uncompressed in the new folder and you should be able to run setup.exe
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades